5 Ways to Make Halloween Candy-Free
- For a gluten free alternative, try this Gluten Free Playdough with Natural Dyes from Inspiration Laboratories. Just add the pumpkin spice!
2. Pass out non-candy items to all your Trick or Treaters.
- Check out 20 Ways to do Halloween without Candy by 100 Days of Real Food.
3. Throw a Healthy Halloween Party
- Check out Paleo Parent’s post on Halloween’s Gone Paleo.
- Or try out the amazing recipes in GATHER, by Bill Staley & Hayley Mason for a Halloween Dinner Party.
4. Set up a Candy Exchange
- Set up an exchange at home. Have your children trade their candy for something else — like a book or a toy. Make it fun by using a scale to weigh their stash — for example, maybe the children could earn a book for every pound of candy you trade in.
- See if you can participate in the Halloween Candy Buy Back Program with Project Gratitude and your local dentist.
5. Have a cooking and crafting night with your family and friends.
- Make Paleo Halloween Treats from the book, The Paleo Kid’s Halloween
- Martha Stewart is always reliable with her Kids Halloween Crafts
- Whip up some Real Food Treats for Halloween by the Nourished Kitchen
- Make nature inspired crafts using 13 Best Halloween Crafts from The Magic Onions
Have a Happy Halloween Weekend Everyone!